Aims & Objectives
The main idea is to develop a Networked European School Web Radio (NEStOR) which can deliver an attractive, challenging, creative environment for learning and communication. Eventually, NEStOR wants to create an all expanding network of schools, public and private, primary and secondary education, producing radio products and broadcasting through a full radio station program which will have an educational, yet informative and entertaining character.
European School Radio:- NEStOR will be developed using the already long term and established experience of European School Radio Http://europeanschoolradio.eu. It operates successfully in Greece with hundreds of schools the last 5 years for500 each year. Overall, More than 2.500 recorded shows (can be found as podcast)
more than 500 Live Shows (in 2016).
The target groups are the following:
• Students (primary and secondary education – from public and private schools) and
• Educators (teachers of primary and secondary schools)
It is a ‘learning community’ because it
• inspires various kind of learning and recreational activities around a web radio
• promotes collaboration especially between students and students and educators
• makes schools come closer among them but also with the local and wider community
• develops of critical thinking and speech, democratic ideals
• provides students with personal development and also vocational prospects around the use of media, radio professions, journalism, sound engineering and other.
Contact Person: Nikos Yagoulis (Νικόλαος Γιαγκούλης)
Mail Address: 7, K.Varnali, 565 32 Thessaloniki, Greece
Phone: (Fix)+30 2310602979, (mob.) +30 6945496828
Copyright © Members of the NEStOR project, 2016. NEStOR (“Networked European School Web Radio”) is a project funded by the Erasmus+ program (Key Action 2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices – Strategic Partnerships for school education). NEStOR began in October 2016 and will run for 2 years. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, and USA. The work must be attributed by attaching the following reference to the copied elements: “Copyright © Members of the NEStOR project, 2016. See http://europeanschoolradio.eu/blog/nestor for details of the NEStOR project”. Using this document in a way and/or for purposes not foreseen in the license, requires the prior written permission of the copyright holders. The information contained in this document represents the views of the copyright holders as of the date such views are published.